I try to keep buried the part of me which succumbs to anger and despair, after peppering it with volleys of optimism and positive rationalization. And these arrows fly fast and true. And yet it sometimes refuses to die, or rises from the grave to once more rear its ugly head. At these times I have learnt to stay quiet, to not let a word spoken in a moment of anger (and my head is practically brimming with these once I get on a roll) slip through my lips, to not inflict my despair upon someone else.
Words. Paltry yet powerful, if one would only pause to let them sink in.
My aim - one of them at least - is to be someone you'd never regret trusting and/or confiding in. Have to be alot more conscious of myself and the manner in which I do things in order to work towards this and accord people the proper respect. I've come to realize that people interact on a couple of levels; some more superficial and ranging to a deeper one. The former is more or less a prerequisite for the latter and one can't hope for too much of the latter as well, if not the relationship becomes very "heavy", which isn't too good as well. As it is in all things, balance is key XD
No comments:
Post a Comment