A reminder to self to be more sensitive and to take neither people nor things (especially people) for granted.
I've been in a daze socially for awhile now, not sure how that's gonna change in the future but the last thing I can afford to do is let myself become even more calloused than I've already become.
The heart needs to come from somewhere, amidst these days that blend one into another, so easy to get lost in time.
A pretty meh if not painful CNY this time round, shan't go into the details but I really should have known better, I need to just be able to 看得开 and let some things slide without getting myself so worked up over them. It's always a fine line we tread, you don't always want to let things go when you could potentially affect them for the better, yet it's definitely pointless and tortuous (oh how the meaning of that word has changed since entering LKC) to care too much when you can't. Maybe knowing when is in itself a kind of wisdom.
Ah and time, how cruel thou art. I could carry on in this vein and wax lyrical albeit stereotypically about how no soul can escape it's grasp, how even the mightiest are wrought to dust and memories becoming just that, memories, no more, no less, to fade furthermore with its relentless passage. And I guess I have, to some extent, but to romanticize it would be to distance myself from the perception of its effects, it's tempting, I must admit but no. It just sucks, you know. To come to the stark and painful realization that some things are gone, and that all I'm able to do is regret, that I never adequately cherished them while I had the chance. I once wrote about the human capability to adapt, cockroaches (well not quite) that we are, and perhaps I will, the thought itself, that I could come to find it acceptable is repulsive to my mind, yet I know I will; it still sucks though, truly.
Not the most coherent of posts, and for that you must forgive me, stuff to get off my chest and in truth I just came on to write the first sentence, and the rest just came flowing out, whether in a wave of eloquence spilling forth, rolling off the tip of my tongue or a splatter of verbal diarrhea coming out the other end I'll leave you guys to judge. Do post a comment or something, anything in the box-like thingy to the left, I'd love to know if anyone I've lost touch with still sees fit to follow this more-than-half dead blog of mine. Till then~
No comments:
Post a Comment