Wednesday, October 23, 2013

I'm still alive people, no need to worry :P

Had the *ahem* privilege of hosting a table-full of NYGH girls who happened to know my sis at the LKC Inspirational Lecture at MBS yesterday night. I have to admit I had no idea of the kind of scale the whole thing would be at when I volunteered, most of us just did it thinking that we'd at most be involved in some small sharing sessions towards the end, not scattered across the huge room, one to a table (with our freaking names on it) to "facilitate" somehow. It was quite an interesting experience hehe.

Well anyways other than that, we've finally embarked upon anatomy classes (at long last!) and some other "real" medical stuff. It's simultaneously exciting and daunting, cause well..it's what I signed up for after all, but though I don't have much trouble grasping the conceptual side of things, I'm facing some difficulty with memorization, the names Latin FFS not to mention even attempting to spell them. The pace of things is pretty fast too, so I haven't really found the time (nor discipline, I must confess) to backtrack and go over things once more! Notetaking is proving to be a conundrum, efficiency vs having something actually semi-decent to refer to for revision is something I'm struggling to find a balance between, add on the fact that I absolutely SUCK at drawing and I guess you can figure that my notes look really crappy and disorganized.

I've been finding the time to have fun (when have I not~), too much, at times, played futsal with some friends this afternoon and managed to injure myself (predictably) in a pretty epic manner, tripping over a goal-bound through-ball while attempting to poke it in to score; a misstep led to my foot landing and sliding over the ball, my butt on the ground, me ending up inside the goal, and my dignity in tatters. I kinda hurt my wrist whilst cushioning the fall, and ended up ponning shooting training. I'm guilt-ridden. Heavily, I swear. Especially since I cancelled Tuesdays session too to go for the MBS thingum, which means I haven't trained at all this week, with the selections coming up next week :S

Ok! I'm off to hit the books iPad before a hopefully not-too-late night, so ciao~

No comments:

Post a Comment