Thursday, July 18, 2013

QWOP (cont.)

Or perhaps it's because, cynical though I may be, some part of me recognizes that rather than peeling back the layers and uncovering frustration, above all that it's ultimately about the constant struggle of overcoming the self; the limited nature of the human condition to become something more than that. Yeah sure we'll stumble and fall along the way, undoubtedly making ourselves look foolish as we land unceremoniously flat on our collective faces/asses, and in the end we may never attain it, but in this case the act of trying is far more significant than the ends of achieving. As you run, focus, timing, gravity all coalescing into one perfect moment, and as the moment extends and stretches on, you shed just a little bit of those limitations and it's beautiful.

So I'll carry on, I guess. Life is a constant struggle, not in the oh-I-don't-want-to-carry-on-living sense but a struggle against the weaknesses I find so prevalent within myself and temptations external, but I want to carry on with hope in my heart, sustained not by a certainty of what awaits me (the only certainty is uncertainty) but the belief that each step I take is a worthwhile one.

No comments:

Post a Comment