Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I see my writing as largely schizophrenic. At times I like to slowly and deliberately lay down my thoughts, much like a child laying building a structure out of Lego, brick by boring brick (lol) and sometimes I simply like to fling them out, half-formed, incomprehensible; a baby throwing toys out of his/her pram.

Well anyways, had a rare nights-off after the end of basic term in ETI, following an exciting Beaver's Quest (more on that later!). Had our company cohesion, bowling at the Chevrons, after which I officially found out that I'll be leaving ETI@Nee Soon Camp to be posted as an AE I guess, using Leop@rd tanks. Which is pretty cool, I guess, but I'm a little leery of leaving ETI and all my new old friends behind, especially after finally settling in. I guess I'm quite a sentimental person, and it's the sentiment that things will never be the same that makes me emotional whenever the time comes for partings and leave-takings. I'm also worried as to whether I'll be able to perform as well over there, given the (much) smaller cohort, which makes things alot more competitive too! I've also gotten used to having people around who know the way I work, and are willing to cooperate to get the job done; which may not be the case over there. And the camp is freaking far from my house, which kinda sucks as well. I guess I'll miss doing stores too!

After being so forcibly ejected just when things were starting to feel comfortable, and when I'd just began to get a taste of G&T during Beaver's Quest and getting a hang of my job as store IC, I suppose I'll have to regard this new phase as a challenge to be overcome, to reestablish myself once again and show my worth, instead of bemoaning the Fates which guide me. I hope to be able to progress forwards, bearing my optimism, while retaining the many fond memories I've enjoyed in the past, and enjoy my time over there as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment