Friday, March 15, 2013

I took my time to get home yesterday, reached almost 2 hours after booking out, and wasn't particularly bothered by it. I'm simply glad to be out of camp, yeah? Pretty much wasted the day away feeling horrible, hopefully it's just a passing cold, what cruddy timing. I haven't been able to get myself excited about the trip because of that, perhaps things will be better tomorrow.

It was a pretty interesting week once more, preceded by - or indeed facilitated by - some hilariously impressive logistical cockups which meant we were unable to bring our vehicle over to another camp for a certain parade, which freed us up for the week. It's quite amusing, really, that for all the armored vehicles and such we may posses, our mobilization is so severely limited by the availability of the services provided by an external organization. There are a lot more minor - and not so minor - incongruities which I could point out, but I don't wish to tempt fate, really should save myself the trouble.

I had the privilege I guess, of being selected for a cyberpioneer interview on Tuesday. I was initially quite concerned that I'd screw things up, which I personally feel I have a major penchant towards, but things turned out surprisingly well :) It's experiences like this and its ilk such as the one last week with the general that I really appreciate, I haven't had much experience presenting and most importantly in appearing confident in front of people who are not only strangers but also superiors, so more experience can only be good. It really helps to build confidence knowing that I can do it without screwing up, and finding out that it really isn't very hard at all.

Well anyway I'll cut it short here cause I'm off to bed. It's an early flight tomorrow x.x

PS. Happy birthday Mos, you're a dear friend and I'm very glad I know you :) Jack and Merv too, I just didn't think to post on your birthdays haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment