Saturday, February 18, 2012

So, some time for a quick post; though my body seems soundly settled into that BMT rhythm and is clamoring for some sleep. Shush; I'll give it to you in a while.

I've diverted most of my recollections, random thoughts and whatnot into this little diary I'm keeping; a yellow exercise book, scribbled on either under the covers under the light from my NS phone - chugging away valiantly on its indefatigable battery - or at the head of my bed, partially shielded from the doorway by a locker. With these chickenscratches - the best I can manage - I note down the thoughts of the day, as time permits. Pretty mundane thoughts usually; with a countdown to bookout thrown in somewhere for good measure. The army's shown itself to be horrifyingly effective at deadening my brain.


Awesome to bookout. 3 weeks - plus or minus a few days - was a little too long; towards the end, I could already sense how some of us were feeling more stressed and more easily irritable, prone to flareups. So I think it quite understandable that we were all feeling super high as we marched towards Tekong jetty after a hurried dinner; crying out "BOOKOUT!" every step or so, even going so far as to replace the lyrics of AIRBORNE haha. It was hard to keep a smile off my face as I stepped onto the dry dock, which was slowing bobbing along with the waves. Singapore never looked so beautiful before haha, and the sunset just outside the Penguin's window was simply stupendous. Need to make good use of it though, seeing as we'll be booking in Sunday evening, which is in a little more than 24 hours time. It's only in such circumstances that you really start to treasure the time that you have, yeah? When the time allotted to you can't be measured in days and years, but rather hours, minutes, or even seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment